Saturday, April 9, 2011

April 9th, Sea Day

Saturday April 9th, Sea Day
We set our clocks forward one hour last night, went to bed late and got up early....what’s with that?!!!
Took an after breakfast power walk and sat on the promenade deck doodling and listening to my iPod.  Today was much warmer and more humid than yesterday.  Really getting tired of the humidity.   
Today was a great day to see wildlife.  I was just about to get up from my lounge chair and head to lunch when I looked up from my art pad and saw everyone standing at the railing.  That’s an unusual sight on the walking deck.  I hopped up and saw the best pod of dolphins I have ever seen.  I don’t know how many there were, but I gotta guess greater than 50, maybe more than 150.  The creatures were going crazy, jumping every which way and covering a very large amount of ocean real estate.  I did manage to get some pictures, but no video.   
Besides the dolphins, turtles were prevalent throughout the day.  They weren’t that big, but still fun to see none the less.  Other smaller pods of dolphins were seen, but another highlight was 2 shark sightings from the balcony.  Just before getting ready for dinner I stepped out onto the balcony and noticed other people were looking in the ocean.  They had also spotted an occasional turtle.  But twice, when they turned away to talk to other people, I saw a small shark swimming near the surface of the water.  They didn’t stay long enough for the others to turn back and see.  Ha ha, never turn your back on the ocean!
Dinner:
Appetizer: proscuitto (sp?) with melon and crostini.
Soup: some kind of peach and with sparkling wine.
Main: Scampi Fra Diavolo,   YUMMMY shirmp!
Dessert: Tiramsu....delicious!
After dinner I did some laundry and then headed to the Lido deck for The Movie Under The Stars at 10pm: SALT.   I liked it.
I’m going to read and then go to bed.  We arrive in Acapulco tomorrow at 8am and leave at 4:30pm.  I’m staying on board all day.  Besides two power walks, I don’t know what I’ll do yet, but I think a swim in the pool might be on the agenda.  Also possible: Wii bowling, the golf simulator and Movie on the Deck: Social Network.
Hasta Luego!

No comments: