Monday, February 9, 2015

Super Bowl Food

Still working on finding good food options.  Luckily chicken is my best friend and nothing goes better wiith football than chicken wings!

Today I pulled a recipe off of Allrecipes.com for "Amazing and Easy Chicken Wings", and they didn't not disappoint.  I think they could easily be renamed "Honey Mustard Chicken Wings", as that is what they tasted like.  When I have more time I will rework this recipe to use honey instead of the brown sugar, and decrease the amount used.  I did substitute coconut aminos in place of the soy sauce.

Along with the chicken wings I baked some sweet potato waffle fries prior to putting the chicken in the oven.  Other snacks included a very dark chocolate bar by NibMor and figs from Trader Joes.  My drink of choice was a delicious hard apple cider that tastes slightly like a dry champagne, by Leprechaun .  Mmmmm delicious and gluten free.

For "dinner" I've had a pork shoulder in the CrockPot and will have ingredients out for shredded pork nachos.  These can be made whenever the eater is ready for food and can include whatever ingredients the composes chooses.  For my husband he's got regular tortilla chips and cheese.  Mine will have a small base of sweet potato tortilla chips.  Other toppings include salsa, guacamole, cilantro and black olives.

All my food choices were winners, even if the Seahawks weren't.


No comments: