Sunday, April 26, 2009

April means: Spring and Birthdays!


Yesterday we celebrated Granny's 90th birthday with a party at the Hilton Garden Inn in Corvallis. Family and friends traveled to Corvallis from California, as well as Stayton, Albany and Monroe, to spend time with Granny and enjoy and nice meal. While it wasn't a surprise to Granny that she was having dinner out with relatives, she didn't know the details of "who and where". I think she was pleasantly surprised, especially to see her cutie pie great granddaughter Cameron. I'll post group pictures when I have access to them.
See pictures posted on May 5th, 2009



Randy gave me one of my best birthday presents ever. After shift I walked into the house to smell chocolate chip cookies baking! Yummy, my favorite food of all time. I wish I had thought to ask for warm chocolate chips cookies many, many years ago. Perhaps this can become a tradition?!



A new family member will join Granny and I with an April birthday on Monday or Tuesday. Dustin and Brianna are expecting their first child, a boy, to be born during that period of time. We are following his life journey closely at The Motes blog.





This past week I traveled to Florence to deliver my stamps, over a 100 of them, for the used stamp sale at Inkspirations! It was good to be back in town. The Rhododendrons are starting to bloom and should be in full bloom for the Rhodie Festival on May 16-17th. It was beautiful day in Florence, windy but sunny and clear. I am looking forward to my first river kayaking trip this spring.







No comments: