Sunday, February 22, 2009

Zen Weekend

This past weekend was my annual "Zen Weekend" with Susie. Once a year we go to Yachats and relax. Our big girls weekend consists of doing puzzles, dumping our "stress closet" (mine was empty), yummy food, reading, garden talk, and watching the ocean.



This trip I discovered the wonderful trailways of Yachats. These trails must be new because I don't remember seeing anything about them before. The trail along the ocean goes from our ocean front house, north past the Adobe and on to the beaches. The view of waves crashing on rocks is beautiful. I can't think of another place in Oregon where you can walk along the rocks and waves so close and easily -- a true gem. This picture is taken from just south of the Adobe, which is the building you see, looking north. Sorry, it's a cell phone photo, so it's not very good.






Two days never sounds like it is going to be enough, but it is and I always leave refreshed and ready to get back to my home, family and garden.

On the way home, I stopped by a gift shop in Yachats and saw this cute driftwood decoration on the side of their wall. I'm going to try this myself this year!





Painted driftwood, pretty cool, huh?!

No comments: